The NASA/Astrophysics Data System is seeking a talented Dev Ops Engineer
Your code will empower astrophysicists around the world to solve the mysteries of the universe.
- Passionate about building reliable, scalable, always-up IT infrastructure.
- Extremely proficient in Linux, shell programming, and Python.
- Experienced working with many of the following: Nginx, Docker, Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, SOLR.
- Able to use Amazon Web Services provisioning environments and tools.
- Skillful at data collection and integration in support of analytics and business intelligence.
Based at the Center for Astrophysics within Harvard University, the Astrophysics Data System is a free, NASA-funded search engine used by every working astrophysicist around the world. We have a small dedicated team working on feature-rich platform using a modern development stack.
- Meaningful work: You’ll be working at one of the largest and most diverse astrophysical institutions in the world, and your code will support the discovery and dissemination of important scientific knowledge.
- A supportive, collegial environment: We provide generous benefits, flexible work hours and (local) telecommuting options.
- Support for professional development: Attend conferences of your choice, engage with users at community meetings, and optionally present your work and findings at scientific conferences in astronomy and information science.
Both US citizen and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Please drop a note with your resume attached to the ADS program manager at email@example.com. We’ll say hi and help you with the formal USAJOBS application process. If you’d just like to apply directly, the link to the application is here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461177800 We look forward to meeting you!