The NASA/Astrophysics Data System is seeking a talented Front End Developer
Your front-end code will empower astrophysicists around the world to solve the mysteries of the universe.
- A front end engineer with extensive experience writing code in at least one major framework (Backbone, Angular, React).
- Passionate about writing performant and well-tested front-end code.
- Skilled at crafting accessible HTML and organized CSS.
- A self-starter who enjoys implementing new features and learning new front-end technologies.
Based at the Center for Astrophysics within Harvard University, the Astrophysics Data System is a free, NASA-funded search engine used by every working astrophysicist around the world. We have a small dedicated team working on feature-rich platform using a modern development stack.
- Meaningful work: You’ll be working at one of the largest and most diverse astrophysical institutions in the world, and your code will support the discovery and dissemination of important scientific knowledge.
- A supportive, collegial environment: We provide generous benefits, flexible work hours and (local) telecommuting options.
- Support for professional development: Attend conferences of your choice, engage with users at community meetings, and optionally present your work and findings at scientific conferences in astronomy and information science.
Both US citizen and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Please drop a note with your resume attached to the ADS program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll say hi and help you with the formal USAJOBS application process. If you’d just like to apply directly, the link to the application is here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461177500 We look forward to meeting you!